This WorkSafe approved health and safety representative (HSR) refresher course is an opportunity to revisit aspects of the HSR Initial OHS Training Course and refresh knowledge of the OHS legislative framework and its relationship to HSRs.
The learning objectives of this course include:
- identifying key parties and their legislative obligations and duties
- establishing representation in the workplace
- participating in consultation and issue resolution
- represent designated work group members in any OHS risk management process undertaken by the appropriate duty holder/s
- issuing a Provisional Improvement Notice (PIN) and directing the cessation of work.
Under the OHS Act 2004 (section 67) all elected HSRs and Deputy HSRs have an entitlement to attend an annual HSR Refresher OHS training course, and (in consultation with their employer) choose the course they wish to attend.