Chisholm's new one-stop shop for skills and jobs
Chisholm's Skills and Jobs Centre is part of a state-wide Victorian Government program to assist potential students, job seekers and employers. A free service, we offer advice on job readiness, training, upskilling and job opportunities. Our services also include working with employers looking to upskill or expand their current workforce and fill vacant positions.
If you're looking to start a career, change your career or you're not sure what industry you would like to work within, the Skills and Jobs Centre is a great place to start. Our centre provides the following services:
- career advice counselling
- skills assessments
- workshops to improve job readiness and learn about employment opportunities
- meet with local employers
- information on potential jobs and training opportunities
- referrals to support services such as education and training, career opportunities, and employment, financial guidance and disability.
- assisting with finding and training new staff
- upskilling your current workforce
- guiding you through incentivised government initiatives
- providing knowledge on employment trends.
Free weekly workshops
The Chisholm Skills and Jobs Centre holds free weekly workshops which can help you prepare for landing your next role. Click on the workshop topics below to book into the next weekly workshop.
Where the jobs are
The hidden job market
Preparing for interviews
Back to Work Scheme
Under the Victorian Government's Back to Work Scheme, employers will receive an increase in government funding of up to $12,000 when they hire long-term unemployed workers (26 weeks unemployed) and up to $5000 for retrenched workers, out-of-trade apprentices, and young people aged between 15 and 25 who have been unemployed for three months or more. Read more about the Back to Work Scheme.
South East Automotive Transition (SEAT) program
The South East Automotive Transition (SEAT) program also sits within the Chisholm Skills and Jobs Centre as part of an overall Automotive Industry Transition Plan. This program will help automotive businesses transition into new markets and workers to retrain and find sustainable jobs. The Skills and Jobs Centre will provide assistance with the following:
- upskilling and re-skilling retrenched automotive supply chain workers
- engage workers with industry
- support businesses to restructure into new opportunities
- help retrenched workers find a job.
Find out more about SEAT here.
Local Industry Fund for Transition (LIFT)
Under the government's Automotive Transition Plan, LIFT has been developed to support the communities most affected by the impending closure of major car manufacturing in Victoria (Melbourne's north, west and south-east, and Geelong region.) LIFT aims to create new sustainable jobs and contribute to the economic development of these communities. Grants of up to $2 million are available to support capital investment by businesses located, or looking to locate in these local government areas. Preference will be given to applicants whose projects will create jobs for ex-automotive workers. To find out more, visit the Business Victoria website.
Chisholm Skills and Jobs Centre location and hours:
Opening hours: Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm
Location - 311 Lonsdale Street Dandenong
For further information, please call 9212 4909 or email email@example.com