Fee information for Higher Education – local students

Tuition fee information is available in the course details section for individual course pages. Please go to the course of your choice for the exact fees.

International Students please refer to the international course pages for fee information.

Higher Education Fees are made up of your:

  • Tuition fees or the amount you pay for your course. 
  • Materials fee: May apply for some HE courses

FEE-HELP is a Federal Government loan scheme available to eligible full-fee students to cover tuition fees for Higher Education programs. Find out more about applying for FEE-HELP.

To be eligible for a FEE-HELP loan for a unit(s) of study you must be:

  • An Australian citizen; or
  • The holder of a permanent humanitarian visa who will be a resident in Australia for the duration of study; or
  • The holder of a permanent visa who is undertaking bridging study for overseas-trained professionals and will be a resident in Australia for the duration of study; or
  • New Zealand Special Category Visa (NZ SCV) holder who meets the specific NZ Special Category Visa residency requirements for HELP loans, and must be resident in Australia for the duration of the units of study


At re-enrolment, to continue access to your FEE-HELP loan you must maintain a minimum 50 per cent pass rate for your current study load.

Census date

The census date is set around four weeks from the commencement of classes.  It is important that you check the census date for each unit of study.  The census date is the last day you can submit your electronic Commonwealth Assistance Form (eCAF) to access a Commonwealth supported place or a HELP loan.  It is also the last day that you can withdraw your enrolment without incurring a FEE-HELP debt or request a refund for upfront payments.

Please see the Higher Education calendar on the HE Important Dates page to see census dates.

How to withdraw from your course or individual units of study

To avoid incurring a FEE-HELP debt it is important to withdraw on or before the census date. Should you wish to withdraw from the course or part of the course you must meet with the Course Coordinator to officially request to be withdrawn and complete and sign a Withdrawal Form and an Application for a Refund Form.

In order for your FEE-HELP debt to be cancelled, the withdrawal process must be completed prior to or on the census date.

Read Withdrawals and refunds to find out more information.