This is an opportunity for creatives to build their skills to enter the world of 3D modelling design. Applicable for the gaming, movie, and 3D printing environment.
ZBrush® is a digital sculpting tool used by artists to create digital paintings and highly detailed digital sculptures. The models and textures created within ZBrush® can be exported to a variety of applications for use in the film industry, game industry, or 3D rapid prototype sculpting.
This foundation course is aimed at using ZBrush® to enhance texture and detail with 3D models and assets. Students will receive a Wacom tablet, explore and develop skills with the tools, and learn creative workflows.
• Learning to configure the ZBrush interface
• Brushes and their respective configuration and specific usage
• Acquiring tools, projects, brushes from lightbox
• Dynamesh/Zremesher/Divide process and its advantages
• Polygroup/polygroup tools and their implications
• Zpheres/mannequin models and development of armatures
• Zmodeler/Dynamic subdivision breakdown and its potential
• Learning Nanomesh/Arraymesh and their implications on design
• Decimation of models
• Assigning material/colour
• Principles of Design