This short course is designed to meet the requirements of civil contractors, water authorities, plumbers and others engaged in the construction of water pipelines in accordance with accepted standards and the manufacturer’s instructions.
This course gives you a nationally accredited unit from the Certificate II in Water Industry Operations - NWPNET031 Construct and install Water Distribution.
This course, which is run over two days at our Cranbourne campus, covers the following content:
• site and safety requirements
• plans, specifications, quality requirements, operational details
• construction plans, MRWSA Standards, manufacturer’s instructions
• setting out, excavation, dual pipelines systems
• pipe laying, blocking, bedding, backfilling requirements
• pipe testing, set up of fittings
• clean up, environmental management
• practical exercise.
The first day of the course is theory-based and delivered in a classroom, and day two involves a practical exercise in a simulated work site so you can practice in real pipe laying conditions.
For course dates please telephone or email us on 1300 393 018 or firstname.lastname@example.org