Spreading the cost of your tuition
Students enrolling at Chisholm are able to spread their tuition costs over the year by making part payments via direct debit on a weekly, fortnightly or monthly basis.
Payment plans are available for students enrolling in any course that is not eligible for VET Student Loans, excluding international and short courses.
Chisholm is working in partnership with Debit Success, the largest direct debit provider in Australasia, to help students spread the costs of their annual tuition over the year.
The set terms of the direct debit agreements are either five months or 10 months, with the option of weekly, fortnightly or monthly payments. Additional charges will apply to students taking up this option, including:
- billing fee of 4.6 per cent of total course tuition costs
- administration fee of $10 (non-refundable).
To find out more about paying your tuition via a payment plan, speak to your enrolling officer at your enrolment session. There is also more information available for VET Student Loans, VET FEE-HELP (only available for continuing students in 2017) and FEE-HELP.
Things you should know:
- Students that are NOT Australian citizens, and therefore not eligible for VET Student Loans, can use the payment plan but must have a green Medicare card.
- Amenities, ancillary, materials and partial payment of the direct debit agreement administration fees where applicable will require full payment at time of enrolment.
- Set payment terms are either five months or 10 months, and cannot be altered. Frequency of payments can be altered.
- Your direct debit arrangement is with Debit Success, and you must abide by its terms and conditions. The Debits Success contract must be completed and signed by the student.
- If the student is under 18 when applying for the payment plan, a guarantor form must be completed and the Debit Success contract counter-signed by a parent or guardian.
- If the bank account or credit card payment details are not those of the student applying for the payment plan, the "owner" of the account must complete and sign a Direct Debit Authority form.
- Debit Success administration and billing fees are not refundable for any withdrawal.
- Chisholm may apply a $50 charge for any withdrawal within 28 days of course commencement.
- If you default on your agreement, Chisholm has the right to suspend your enrolment and restrict access to Chisholm goods and services until the default is rectified.
- Chisholm will withhold your Certificate of Completion until the course has been paid in full.
- The direct debit agreement must end in the year in which you are enrolled and before your course end date.
What happens if I withdraw from my course or some classes?
Subject to Chisholm's 'Fees and Charges' and 'Withdrawals, Refunds and Breaks in Study' policies, a student is liable for all their fees and charges even if they withdraw. If a student withdraws within the refund period stipulated in policies, the payment plan will be adjusted as required. Students remain liable for their payments when they withdraw after 28 days of their course commencement for the year.
Download the Fees and Charges policy
Download the Withdrawals, Refunds and Breaks in Study policy