How to apply
Step 1. Select your course
- Courses can be found by using the keyword search on the site, or from the course pages listed under the Career Field groupings.
- Once you've selected the course you're most interested in, click on the "Apply now" on the course page.
Step 2. Complete the application form
Please ensure you:
- Select your single preferred campus - not multiple campuse.
- Include all your legal given names, in the same way you would like them presented on your final certificate.
- You will receive a reference number via email and SMS (if mobile number was entered) to complete the next stage of your application.
This takes a few minutes to complete or you can save the form and return to it at your convenience. You will need to read the declaration and tick the box to indicate your acceptance of the agreement to move onto the next stage of the enrolment process.
Make sure you include your Unique Student Identifier (USI). If you haven't got one, make sure you have applied for one.
Chisholm will advise you of an enrolment date and time, where fees are to be paid to secure your place.
If you wish to apply for more than one course, each course needs to be applied for separately.
Step 3. Gather your personal documents
To complete your enrolment, you must provide the following documents.
Proof of permanent residency
Proof of permanent residency is required for all government subsidised courses (unless you are applying for a full fee for service place). We accept any of the following original documents or certified copies as proof:
Current green Medicare card
Australian Birth Certificate (not Birth Extract)
Current Australian or New Zealand Passport
Formal Department of Immigration and Border Protection document confirming permanent residency
If you are under 20
If you are under 20 and the document you provide does not include your date of birth, you must also provide proof of age. We accept any of these original documents:
Current Drivers Licence
- Current Learner Permit
- Keypass card
- Proof of Age card
If you are claiming a concession, you must provide one of the following:
Current Health Care Card
- Veterans Gold Card
- Pensioner Concession Card
VET FEE-HELP/ FEE-HELP
If you are applying for VET FEE-HELP or FEE-HELP, you must provide:
your tax file number
- proof of citizenship (Australian passport, original Australian birth certificate, Australian citizenship documentation or
- additional photo ID if there is no photo on your proof of citizenship document.
- Extract of birth certificate, Medicare card and drivers license are not accepted as proof.
- VET FEE-HELP or FEE-HELP is only for tuition. You must pay all other fees on enrolment day.
If you want to pay with a payment plan, you need:
credit card details or bank account details
a guarantor to accompany you (if under 18)
if your payment plan is to be debited from someone else’s account, that person will need to accompany you to the enrolment session.
Note: A payment plan is always in your name, so parents cannot sign on your behalf. You must attend enrolment. Payment plans only cover tuition costs. You must pay all other fees, as outlined on the course pages on this website, on enrolment day.
Is you employer paying any or all of your fees?
If your employer or someone else agrees to pay your fees, you must provide a signed letter of authority to invoice when you enrol.
Paying by EFT?
Check your daily limit on transactions using EFT before you come in to make payment.
Step 4. Book into and attend an enrolment session
A Chisholm course advisor will contact you to book you into an enrolment session which you must attend.
Bring all the required documentation as per Step 3 to complete your enrolment.
If you wish to apply for VET FEE-HELP, FEE-HELP or claiming a concession, please allow approximately two to three hours for the enrolment process to be completed.
Step 5. Enrol and pay for your course
An enrolment officer will assist you to enrol into your selected classes on the day of the information and enrolment session if you wish to do so on the day. Your enrolment is not complete until you pay for your course using one of the available options, including payment plan. Payment can be made by cash, EFT or credit card. You are not enrolled until you have paid all course fees, materials, ancillary and amenities fees.