The session explores play based learning as the foundation for children’s experiences within early childhood settings, and how the play spaces that we provide for children encourage their imagination, their thinking and their development.
This session explores how encompassing natural and recycled materials into children’s play, extends the child’s enjoyment, engagement and perception of their natural world.
This session supports Quality area 1 (Educational program and practice) and Quality area 3 (physical environment) of the National Quality Standard, as well as teaching philosophies outlined in the EYLF. Areas covered are:
• What is Natural Play
• Exploration of different types of play
• Educators reflections on the benefit of children’s play
• Preparation of environments
• Sourcing and use of natural materials
• Including a sustainable aspect into the program