This course is a part of the MEM20105 Certificate II in Engineering – Production (Air Conditioning) and is recognised by the Victorian Building Authority Plumbing Division and the Australian Refrigeration Council.
Important: Plumbers and electricians must seek approval from the Victorian Building Authority Plumbing Division (www.vba.vic.gov.au) six weeks prior to commencing this course. Plumbers and electricians must obtain a Trainee Licence from the Australian Refrigeration Council (www.artick.org), at an additional cost before attending the course (this must be done two weeks before course commencement).
This nationally recognised course is designed for qualified / registered plumbers and or electricians.
This course covers the following units of competency:
- MEM15002A Apply quality systems
- MEM18084A Commision and decommisioni split air conditioning systems
- MEM180855B Dismantle, replace and assemble engineering components
- MEM10010B Install pipework and pipework assemblies
- MEM10009B Install refrigeration and air conditoning plant and equipment
- MEM10013A Install split air con systems and associated pipework to include aspects of evacuation, testing and pipework
- MEM12023A Perform engineering measurements
- MEM 18086B Test, recover, evacuate and charge refrigeration systems
- MEM18001C Use hand tools
- MEM180002B Use power tools/hand held operations