Chisholm Education Awards 2019
Chisholm’s annual Education Awards Gala Evening was held on Wednesday, 19 June at Bunjil Place in Narre Warren. There were more than 220 guests, including government representatives, local council, industry, schools, students, families and staff.
The Awards recognise the outstanding achievements and contributions made by members of the Chisholm student and staff community across diverse fields of academic endeavour and eight categories. Often, award winners in these categories go on to represent Chisholm at a state level.
The MC for the evening was Denise Stevens, who has had an extensive career in vocational education and training, which included a national Australian Training Award.
Chair of the Institute Board, Stephen Marks, officially welcomed guests.
“These awards celebrate outstanding students and staff across Chisholm’s broad and diverse portfolio of courses and programs, and on behalf of the Chisholm Board I would like to acknowledge their hard work and dedication,” he said.
The Award winners this year are:
- Trainee of the Year: Nicholas Steer
- Apprentice of the Year: Jessica Riches
- Vocational Student of the Year: Sinead Boss
- Secondary Studies Student of the Year: Cara McCourt
- International Student of the Year: Kanishka Mallawa Thanthride
- Bill Norling Award for Outstanding Automotive Apprentice: Matthew de Groot
- Teacher of the Year: Karen Clarke
These Awards also provide an opportunity for Chisholm to recognise and thank its industry partners. We acknowledge the following four partners for their excellence, support and collaboration:
- Apprenticeship Traineeship Employment Partners (ATEP)
- BlueScope Steel
- Australian Paper