Chisholm Institute continues to work closely with the State Government and Health Department to support our students during the current Coronavirus pandemic.

To date, we have still had no reported or confirmed cases of the virus. Throughout Term 3, students will study via online and remote learning and this will continue until further notice. All students will receive information via email about a return to campus, with details that will include your timetable.

Until you receive an email update, continue your learning remotely. In recent months, our support for students has increased through a range of counselling, financial information and and emergency relief assistance.

What support and information is available for international students?

We encourage international students to get the most up-to-date information by:

The Department of Health and Human Services website provides information about coronavirus (COVID-19) in many languages.

International Student Emergency Relief Fund

The Victorian Government has announced a $45 million International Student Emergency Relief Fund for international students facing financial hardship.

If you are an international student in Victoria experiencing financial hardship, you may be eligible for support. For information about how to apply for support as a Chisholm student, contact Chisholm International Student Support.

For more information about where to find practical help and confidential support: 

visit our International Students Emergency Relief Fund page.

I have found new work since facing an initial loss of wages. Am I still eligible if I can prove a loss of income?

Yes, you would be eligible so long as you meet the eligibility requirements and you are assessed as continuing to face financial hardship either through significant loss of income prior to you finding new work or ongoing reduced income. Chisholm will need to assess your eligibility if you continue to face financial hardship such as accrued living cost debts as a loss of previous work.

What evidence is required for me to demonstrate that I am in financial hardship?

This information can be determined in an interview and in line with your usual processes, but the assessment will really focus on what impact results from loss of legal income as a result of Covid-19 (coronavirus) restrictions.

What if I am not happy with the decision about my eligibility?

If you’re not happy with the outcome, you will be able to lodge a complaint/ appeal and your application will be formally reviewed.

Loan laptop

You may be eligible to borrow a laptop computer from Chisholm to continue your studies, as we move to remote and online learning. If you would like information on how you can borrow a laptop, please contact our Student Wellbeing Officer on 03 9212 5269 or email for further details. We also have computers available on Dandenong, Frankston, Berwick and Cranbourne campuses for you to use.

How do I use Zoom?

Chisholm has updated its security for all Zoom meetings and this means some things have changed to the way you use it.

If you have any questions, or need any help to optimise their Zoom settings, they can contact the ITS Service Desk on 9212 5444, or the Service Now Self-Service Portal, where you’ll find more ‘how-to’ guides to connect you with Zoom and other remote learning technologies.

Where can I find food and supplies urgently?

International students that are in crisis and need immediate assistance for food or other assistance can contact Student Services on 03 9212 5269 or email We can provide you with short term relief while we connect you with external agencies.

Additional support is also available from these services:

  • Study Melbourne, Tel: 1800 056 449 or email or Study Melbourne website to access to one-off emergency relief
  • Community Information & Support Victoria (CISVic), Tel: 03 9672 2000, or visit CISVic website to find support centres near you:
  • MiCare ,Tel: 1800 642 273 or visit the MiCare website. MiCare offers support to international students in the City of Monash region and can direct students to organisations which provide emergency food and supplies relief.

Contact Student Services on 03 9212 5269 or email for a full list of resources available to those in the south-east regions of Greater Dandenong, Casey Cardinia, Frankston and Mornington Peninsula.

I am worried and anxious. Is there someone I can talk to?

The Coronavirus has changed the way we work, study and live our lives. Wellbeing experts encourage everyone to find support if you need it. If you would like to talk to someone for some support, please contact the International Welfare Officer on 03 9212 5040.

Student Support is also available for one on one appointments over the phone or via video conference using Zoom. To make an appointment with a personal counsellor, email, or phone 9212 5269.

Support is also available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at:

I have lost my job, where can I find work?

We know that some of you have lost your jobs and now you are under a lot of stress. Chisholm’s Skills and Jobs Centre has many connections with local industry and have offered to notify these businesses of students in need of work. If you are looking to find work, please provide us with some information as listed below on

  1. List the top three industries you would like to find work in that suits your skills and past experience.
  2. Do you have a car and valid driving license?
  3. What suburb do you live in?
  4. How far you can you go to travel for work.

The Chisholm Skills and Jobs Centre is not able to guarantee you a job, but we will try to advocate for you with employers based on your work preferences and skills.